Summer Science Adventures
Click on the links belong to find out what is available for each age group
Can’t wait till this summer? Then try our new Science Saturday series!
- Ever want to build your own skeleton and take it home?
- Ever want to dissect an eyeball?
- Use your creative thinking and hands on skills to master new techniques!
- Learn basic programming skills and build your Minecraft computer, that you get to take home!
- Build a trebuchet and compete with your team for best distance and most accurate!
- Learn about animals. You might even get to hold a few live specimens!
- Learn about water quality and what makes a healthy stream ecosystem!
For our third year, the Marshall University College of Science is hosting Summer Science Adventure camps. We have tripled our camp offerings and hope you will allow us to show your child a unforgettable experience. With Science,Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math, full STEAM ahead with idea that can learning can be so fun. All camps are hands-on with science, include creativity and art, and we sneak math in at every opportunity (and the kids don’t even notice it).
With camps spanning many fields such as veterinarian sciences, microscopy, anatomy, microbiology, and computer programming, your child will explore through both hands-on and activity based learning. The camps offer the opportunity for your child to enrich their science education and see what real science is all about.
Our camps are staffed with MU professors, graduate students and local professionals to ensure your child is being taught by people whose careers are science based. Camps range from 2:6-2:20 staff-camper ratio permitting very individualized instruction. These camps will give your child an opportunity to explore careers in the sciences and, since these camps are in Marshall University laboratories, it’s a great peak to see what college has to offer!
For more information, please contact us at SummerScienceAdventures@gmail.com or call 304-412-2757.
Camps are available for grades K-12.