See our weekend Science Saturdays
Marshall University Math Professors will be teaching weekend cram sessions for the ACTs the weekend before each ACT session this year!!!
See ACT link for more details or register at High School Link
- Ever want to build your own skeleton and take it home?
- Ever want to dissect an eyeball?
- Use your creative thinking and hands on skills to master new techniques!
- Learn basic programming skills and build your Minecraft computer, that you get to take home!
- Build a trebuchet and compete with your team for best distance and most accurate!
- Learn about animals. You might even get to hold a few live specimens!
- Learn about water qualities and what makes a healthy stream ecosystem!
For our 3rd year, the Marshall University College of Science is hosting The Summer Science Adventure camps. We have tripled our camp offerings and hope you will allow us to show your child a unforgettable experience. With Science,Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Math, full STEAM ahead with idea that can learning can be so fun. All camps are hands-on with science, include creativity and art, and we sneak math in at every opportunity (and the kids don’t even notice it).
With camps spanning many fields such as astronomy, physics, engineering, forensic science, microscopy, anatomy, microbiology, and computer programming, your child will explore through both hands-on and activity based learning. The camps offer the opportunity for your child to enrich their science education and see what real science is all about.
Our camps are staffed with MU professors, graduate students and local professionals to ensure your child is being taught by people whose careers are science based. Camps range from 2:6-2:20 staff-camper ratio permitting very individualized instruction. These camps will give your child an opportunity to explore careers in the sciences and, since these camps are in Marshall University laboratories, it’s a great peak to see what college has to offer!
For more information, please contact us at WVScienceAdventures@gmail.com or call 304-412-2757.
Camps are available for grades K-12.